March is here, which means spring is on the way! But before we get to the official end of winter, we get to celebrate Pi Day on Tuesday, March 14!
On Tuesday, March 14, Senior Education Ministries and the Casey Senior Center will be holding its second annual Yippee Pi Day celebrity pie-judging fundraiser from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Casey Senior Social Center at 2 SW 2nd Street. All proceeds go to Senior Education Ministries and the Casey Senior Center.
The entry fee for entering a pie is $25, but we here at Markwell Funeral Home have offered to cover the fee for senior citizens in Casey (as well as their ingredients!) if they make the pie at the Senior Center.
The celebrity judges include:
- Robyn King, WTWO Meteorologist
- Mike Latta, WTHI Fork in the Road Host
- Tracy Johnson, Casey Township
- Bill Williams, Markwell Funeral Home
- Kim Davidson, Central Realtor of Casey
- Todd Holman, Associate Pastor of Casey First Church of the Nazarene
- Amy Finley, Director of Whispering Oaks Senior Living
- Sharon Durham, Casey Westfield Reporter
- Jack Shannon, Shannon Dog Training of Rockville
- Macie Snyder, Food Enthusiast/ISU Public Health Graduate
- David Powell, Pastor at Grace Baptist Church in Terre Haute
If you can’t make the pie at the Senior Center, pies must be dropped off between 10 a.m. and noon on that day, with the cut-off time for judging at noon. Limit is 250 entrants, and judging begins at 1 p.m. Businesses, health care organizations and facilities, and other groups and individuals are encouraged to participate!
Download an entry form here. For more information, contact Lori Aplin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (877) 223-6109 or contact Darla Hammond at email@example.com or call (217) 932-5100.
The first place winner will receive the title of Grand Champion, plus a trophy! Second and third places will receive ribbons, as will honorable mentions. Every individual or group who enters the contest will receive a certificate of participation.
Contact Markwell Funeral Home Today
For information on Markwell’s sponsorship of the Dine with a Doc program, funeral services at Markwell Funeral Home Casey Illinois, and developing a funeral plan, read Markwell’s blog, which offers further information. You can also contact Markwell Funeral Home with your questions at (888) 932-2630 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.