What to Expect When You Arrive at the Funeral Home
We understand that this can be an incredibly trying and difficult time in your life, and want to make the process as simple and easy to navigate as possible. We hope that you find the below information helpful, and urge you to reach out to us for a free consultation.
Arranging a Funeral Service
The first step when considering your funeral home service options is to speak with one of our licensed funeral home directors. This specialist is available to you by phone or email and is completely free of charge. Our funeral director will work with you to understand your funeral service vision and work within your allotted budget, guiding you seamlessly throughout the entire arrangement process. No choices will be made without your consent, as this is not a one-way conversation. We want to hear your ideas and desires and we want you to be a part of the funeral process.
For your reference, the process may include
- Preparing and filing the official death certificate
- Scheduling the location, date and time for the ceremony
- Selecting a casket, urn or other items
- Preparing an obituary notice
- Selecting pallbearers
You may also need to sign certain authorizations giving the funeral home and staff permission to carry out certain details of the funeral ceremony, which may include the following:
- Authorization to embalm
- Various cremation authorizations
- An acknowledgement that you received the General Price List
- An acknowledgement of the funeral homes payment policy
We also ask that you bring photos, fond memories and enlighten us regarding the likes, passions, hobbies and interests of the deceased.
In summary, below is a checklist of the important information that will be discussed in the arrangement conference.
- Full legal name and address
- Social Security Number
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Father’s name
- Mother’s maiden name
- Veteran discharge papers (DD-214)
- Recent photograph
- Highest education achieved
- Place of burial (if appropriate)
- Clergy name and phone number
- All survivors (name, location and relationship)
- Insurance policies (if applicable)
To view our full product offerings catalog, please download here
For questions about funeral home expectations, call Markwell at (217) 932-2131 or email email@example.com.
Next, learn more about Funeral Home Etiquette.